Vision: A just society.
Mission: Looking to the future over a cup-of-tea.
Values: A listening place with manaakitanga, hosting, hospitality, hui and warmth. An inclusive place for whānaungatanga. A place for whakapapa - a bridge, a connecting point, joining with other projects outside the whare. A place that values the whole environment - Tupuna, Rangi, Papa, Io, spiritual resources.
1. Te Tiriti o Waitangi will guide how the Trust carries out its work.
2. To recognise and enhance the skills of people and whānau in Te Taitokerau area. To foster a community where people feel they are valued, supported and able to realise their full potential.
3. To give priority for those in need and marginalised.
4. To maintain a welcoming community house that promotes the growth of new community projects and where all feel equal and safe
5. To care for our workers.
6. To work on community development projects
7. To build sustainable partnerships
Note: The main sectors, activities and beneficiaries are bolded.
Provides services (e.g. care / counselling)
Provides advice / information / advocacy, Provides buildings / facilities / open space
Social services, Community law office
Family / whanau
Children / young people, People of a certain ethnic / racial origin, General public
One Double Five Whare Awhina Community House is governed by not less than 4 trustees.
A CEO is employed by and reports to the trust. Employees and volunteers are organised by the CEO.
Annual Returns are due within 6 months of a charity’s balance date (financial year-end), or a longer period if an extension has been granted.
Here is a list of all the details changed by the charity, for example adding or removing officers, amending rules, changing balance dates or updating address details.