The Trust purposes are to:
1. To foster a greater general appreciation of the night sky through astrophotography and other arts;
2. To educate and foster a greater general understanding of the night sky through astronomy and other sciences;
3. To promote Maori Mātauranga and narratives, including Matariki, with respect to our understanding of the night sky; and
4. To promote the benefits of the dark skies of Otago and Southland, New Zealand
5. And all matters incidental to the above purposes
Note: The main sectors, activities and beneficiaries are bolded.
Provides advice / information / advocacy
Education / training / research
We are based in Central Otago, New Zealand and are governed by our trust deed. The deed outlines that we must have between 2 and 12 trustees and provides for voting system among the trustees in order to make decisions.
Annual Returns are due within 6 months of a charity’s balance date (financial year-end), or a longer period if an extension has been granted.
This charity has been granted an exemption from filing an annual return for the year ending 31 March 2022 under Section 43 of the Charities Act 2005.
Here is a list of all the details changed by the charity, for example adding or removing officers, amending rules, changing balance dates or updating address details.